Sunday, March 15, 2009

Green Smoothies- Yummy.


As part of my learning process about eating Raw Foods, I came across Victoria Boutenko's book, Green for Life. I read the book front to back, then again in the same day. Made a food list and went to the store. Kale, bananas, berries, spinach. Whipped a batch up... crossed myself and drank... one word- YUMMY. In heaven. Ever since, I've been whipping up smoothies for the mornings. Using all kinds of green combinations. I'm in veggy heaven. No more SAD breakfasts! It's funny, I have trouble with the commercial-made V-8 juices, they smell and taste so vile. I see there is a suggestion for that juice in the book... haven't found the courage to try it yet. I need to because pretty soon we'll be starting our greenhouse up and will be eating tomatos from end of May until October. I think it will be nice to use the tomatoes as part of my green drink. Ok, I'll let you know how it goes when I come across some nice vine-ripen tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment